Vizquel eclipses Aparicio's hits mark
The 42-year-old Vizquel moved ahead of Hall of Fame shortstop Luis Aparicio, who played in 107 fewer games.
Vizquel, an 11-time Gold Glover, is a utilityman for the Rangers. Batting second Thursday night, Vizquel lined a pitch from Arizona's Jon Garland to right field to break out of a 1-for-11 slump.
His Rangers teammates stood on the top step of the dugout and applauded Vizquel, who flashed a thumbs-up sign.
Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Cubs not sure when ailing Castro will return
- Garza goal: Kick Cubs' 'teeth in every time'
- Twins lock up closer Perkins on 4-year deal
- Boras: Morales, Drew willing to wait for deals
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Texas Rangers Carbon Wordmark Red T-Shirt