Guillen scratched for at least one game
Royals manager Trey Hillman says the stiffness starts in Guillen's lower back and runs up his entire left side. Guillen has been playing through the off-and-on problem, but Hillman decided to give him some time off with the team set to play 15 straight days.
Guillen is hitting .257 with eight homers and 33 RBIs.
Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Source: E. Santana agrees to deal with Braves
- Verlander allows one hit in 1st spring start
- Orioles' Machado disappointed by new deal
- Cahill jams knee; Arroyo might be delayed
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Tervis Kansas City Royals 24 oz Colossal Wrap Tumbler