Angels' Scioscia: Santana ready
"He said he's good," Scioscia said. "He's going to be pitching in the Baltimore series somewhere, we're pretty sure of that. What day, we don't know."
Santana, who threw 3 1/3 innings in a rehab start Sunday night in the Arizona Summer League, had his bullpen session before the Angels played at Texas on Tuesday night, a day earlier than expected.
Santana has been out since June 12 due to an inflamed right triceps. He missed the first six weeks of the season with a sprained ligament in his right elbow. An All-Star last season, when he was 16-7 with a 3.49 ERA in 32 starts, he is 1-3 with a 7.47 ERA in six starts this year.
"We'll adjust down from when Ervin gets into it and see where we are," Scioscia said. "We don't have to make that [decision] right now."
Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Cubs not sure when ailing Castro will return
- Garza goal: Kick Cubs' 'teeth in every time'
- Twins lock up closer Perkins on 4-year deal
- Boras: Morales, Drew willing to wait for deals
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Los Angeles Angels Therma-FIT Red KO Performance Hoodie