DeRosa to have tests on wrist
DeRosa, hitless in nine at-bats since being acquired from the Indians in a trade, says he felt a "little tweak" while swinging and missing Randy Johnson's changeup before striking out during his second at-bat in the fourth. He hit off a tee indoors the next inning and "it just didn't feel right."
He left the game for a pinch hitter in the sixth inning.
DeRosa said he expected to have tests done on his wrist Wednesday.
Manager Tony La Russa said DeRosa may have a sprain.
Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Orioles' Machado: Don't know about opener
- Source: Tigers' Iglesias to sit out until break
- D-backs' Corbin exits start with tight forearm
- Yankees' Ellsbury battling 'tightness' in calf
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Majestic Men's Replica St. Louis Cardinals Mike Matheny #22 Home White Jersey