Ibanez goes 0 for 2 in rehab
Ibanez, who has been sidelined with a strained left groin since June 18, didn't get any chances in five innings in the field. He had no problems running the bases after reaching on a walk and scored a run.
"It felt better than I ever expected," Ibanez told reporters after the game. "I was moving around; it was pretty uneventful. I was very pleased with how it went."
Ibanez is expected to play a couple more games with Triple-A Lehigh Valley. He was voted to his first All-Star Game and would like to play for the National League squad. Ibanez is hitting .312 with 22 homers and 59 RBIs in his first season with the Phillies.
Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Agent: Lester didn't tell Sox contract terms
- Cain to meet with Dr. Andrews about elbow
- Royals' Hosmer in lineup; Vargas improving
- Reds slugger Bruce goes on bereavement list
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Philadelphia Phillies Red/Royal Track Jacket