Belisario to get tests on painful elbow
NEW YORK -- Dodgers reliever Ronald Belisario is going back to Los Angeles for tests on his painful right elbow.
Belisario left the team before Tuesday night's 8-0 series-opening win over the New York Mets.
"We'll make a move and have someone here tomorrow," Dodgers manager Joe Torre said. "He shook my hand and Ned's [general manager Colletti] hand and said goodbye. He had surgery on that elbow a while back."
Belisario made his major league debut this season and leads the team with 43 appearances. He is 1-2 with a 2.42 ERA. The right-hander had pitched 13 2/3 straight scoreless innings before a rough outing Saturday at San Diego.
Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Verlander allows one hit in 1st spring start
- MRI shows ligament injury in Medlen's elbow
- 'Nervous' Bonds back with Giants in new role
- 'Intrigued' Skeeters invite McGrady to camp
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Antigua Women's Los Angeles Dodgers White Ice Jacket