Navarro OK'd after concussion scare
Navarro had tests at a hospital Saturday night after getting hit on the side of his mask by a foul tip off the bat of Oakland's Jack Cust. Before Sunday's game with the Athletics, Navarro said he was a little sore near his jaw but otherwise was fine.
Also, Tampa Bay placed reliever Grant Balfour on the bereavement list and recalled catcher John Jaso from Triple-A Durham. Balfour is returning home to Australia to attend a funeral for a family member.
Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Cubs not sure when ailing Castro will return
- Garza goal: Kick Cubs' 'teeth in every time'
- Twins lock up closer Perkins on 4-year deal
- Boras: Morales, Drew willing to wait for deals
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Majestic Men's Replica Tampa Bay Rays Alternate Navy Evan Longoria #3 Jersey