Schmidt returns from shoulder injury
Los Angeles Dodgers manager Joe Torre announced before Saturday's win over the Astros that right-hander Jason Schmidt, who hasn't pitched in the majors since July 16, 2007, will be activated from the 60-day disabled list on Monday night to start against Cincinnati.
The Dodgers have used 18 different starting pitchers since Schmidt, a three-time All-Star, was shut down because of shoulder problems that required surgery.
Schmidt, 36, has been in the league for 13 years. He has a career record 128-94 record with a 3.94 ERA.
Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- O's not signing Balfour, cite physical results
- Youkilis will play 'one more year' -- in Japan
- O's Patton tests positive, banned 25 games
- Beltran joins Yankees: 'Means a lot to me'
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Los Angeles Dodgers "Up & In Like Kershaw" Royal T-Shirt