Dodgers plan giveaway for Aug. 5
LOS ANGELES -- The Dodgers are producing a poster with artwork depicting Manny Ramirez's pinch-hit grand slam that moved him within two of tying Lou Gehrig's career record.
The individually numbered posters will be given away to the first 20,000 fans attending the game against Milwaukee on Aug. 5.
Ramirez's slam propelled the Dodgers to a 6-2 victory over Cincinnati on Wednesday night, their 12th consecutive home win against the Reds. It was the 21st of Ramirez's career, leaving him trailing Gehrig.
The poster is the third in a series depicting great moments at Dodger Stadium this season. The first featured Orlando Hudson hitting for the cycle on opening day, and the second one depicted the Dodgers' nine walk-off victories in the first half.
Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Emotional Thomas, Torre headline HOF class
- Ortiz's homer reignites Red Sox-Rays rivalry
- Dodgers best Peavy, Giants to cap off sweep
- Cards' Wainwright gets majors-best 13th win
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- '47 Brand Men's Los Angeles Dodgers Till Dawn Grey Tank Top