Man dies after melee in parking lot
PHILADELPHIA -- A man who was attending a bachelor party at a bar next to the Philadelphia Phillies' ballpark has been beaten to death during a melee outside.
Police say a group from the bachelor party got into a fight with other patrons at a sports bar and restaurant in the Citizens Bank Park complex Saturday night. The trouble started during the closing innings of a game between the Phillies and the St. Louis Cardinals.
The groups were told to leave McFadden's Restaurant and Saloon, and the dispute moved outside to a parking lot.
Police say 22-year-old Lansdale resident David Sale was assaulted there and was taken to a hospital, where he was pronounced dead.
The World Series champion Phillies say they won't comment until arrests are announced.
Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Rangers take Seahawks QB Wilson in draft
- Source: Yanks nix Gardner-for-Phillips deal
- MLB plans to ban home plate collisions by '15
- Morse agrees to 1-year contract with Giants
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Forever Collectibles Youth Philadelphia Phillies Bar Scarf