Man dies after melee in parking lot
PHILADELPHIA -- A man who was attending a bachelor party at a bar next to the Philadelphia Phillies' ballpark has been beaten to death during a melee outside.
Police say a group from the bachelor party got into a fight with other patrons at a sports bar and restaurant in the Citizens Bank Park complex Saturday night. The trouble started during the closing innings of a game between the Phillies and the St. Louis Cardinals.
The groups were told to leave McFadden's Restaurant and Saloon, and the dispute moved outside to a parking lot.
Police say 22-year-old Lansdale resident David Sale was assaulted there and was taken to a hospital, where he was pronounced dead.
The World Series champion Phillies say they won't comment until arrests are announced.
Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Mag: Puig subjected to threats, civil lawsuit
- Tanaka leads Yanks; 28 K's in 1st 3 games
- Astros call up prized outfield prospect Springer
- Napoli (finger) out, Pedroia back
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Majestic Men's Philadelphia Phillies Authentic Collection Red Performance Hoodie