Two charged with murder
PHILADELPHIA -- Two men have been charged with murder and a third is in custody in the beating death of a man outside the Philadelphia Phillies' ballpark during a game.
Investigators say a confrontation began between two groups Saturday inside a pub attached to Citizens Bank Park. Both groups were kicked out but the fight resumed outside, where police say 22-year-old David Sale, of nearby Lansdale, was beaten and kicked repeatedly in the head.
Thirty-five-year-old Charles Bowers and 45-year-old Jim Grove have been charged. Twenty-eight-year-old Francis Kirchner turned himself in Monday night and declined to comment to reporters.
Court records show no lawyer for Bowers. A public defender representing Grove did not immediately return a message left after hours Monday.
Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Sources: Rangers to sign Choo for $130M
- O's not signing Balfour, cite physical results
- Alleged kidnapping of Rangers' Martin detailed
- Youkilis will play 'one more year' -- in Japan
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- New Era Men's Philadelphia Phillies Red 9Forty Pinch Hitter Adjustable Hat