Dice-K critical of training instruction
BOSTON -- Boston Red Sox manager Terry Francona said the club is disappointed that sidelined pitcher Daisuke Matsuzaka went public with his concerns on how the team is handling his training techniques.
Matsuzaka was 1-5 with an 8.23 ERA before going on the 15-day disabled list June 21 with a mild strained right shoulder. Last season, he was 18-3 with a 2.90 ERA.
Matsuzaka met with the team last Friday and is continuing his conditioning at Boston's spring-training complex in Fort Myers, Fla. Dice-K expressed his concern to a Japanese newspaper, and news of the interview broke in Boston on Tuesday.
He's in the third season of a six-year, $52 million contract.
Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Source: Balfour's deal with O's in jeopardy
- Source: Ibanez, Angels nearing 1-year deal
- Beltran joins Yankees: 'Means a lot to me'
- Axford, Indians finalize 1-year, $4.5M deal
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Photo File Boston Red Sox Team Logo Framed Photo