Ramirez injures ankle vs. Twins
Ramirez will have X-rays Thursday after the team returns to Chicago, although team trainers do not think it is more serious.
Ramirez slid into second base trying to break up a double play in the seventh inning, and ended up rolling in pain on the turf. He was helped off the field by two trainers and was on crutches after the game purely as a precaution.
Ramirez, who entered the game in a 2-for-24 slump, was 2 for 3.
Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Braves add Ervin Santana to bolster rotation
- Mets pitching coach apologizes for Asian slur
- Brewers' Garza confident despite 19.06 ERA
- Tulowitzki hit by pitch on leg, is day to day
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Antigua Women's Chicago White Sox Leader Black Full-Zip Jacket