Anderson dealt by Tigers to K.C.
MLB Rumor Central
ESPN Insider has the updated buzz from the Major League Baseball rumor mill.
The trade was announced Thursday before Kansas City played the finale of a four-game series against the Baltimore Orioles.
The 26-year-old Anderson hit .242 with 16 RBIs and 13 stolen bases in 74 games with Detroit this year. He was designated for assignment by the Tigers on July 24 when Carlos Guillen was activated from the disabled list.
Anderson is a career .283 hitter with three homers and 39 RBIs with Houston, Atlanta and Detroit. He is expected to join the Royals on Friday in Tampa.
Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Rangers take Seahawks QB Wilson in draft
- Cano thanks N.Y., finalizes big Mariners deal
- Rule 5 pick Nieto on Biogenesis clinic list
- Source: Joba, Tigers agree on 1-year deal
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
2009 TRADE DEADLINE
Jake Peavy, Cliff Lee, Matt Holliday and Victor Martinez were the biggest names moved before the July 31 non-waiver trade deadline.
- '47 Brand Men's Kansas City Royals Grapple Adjustable Royal Hat