Bedard experiencing shoulder soreness
The soreness is a setback for the left-hander, who has been on the disabled list with left shoulder inflammation since July 26.
Manager Don Wakamatsu said he would undergo an MRI exam on Friday in Seattle.
Wakamatsu said the discomfort was not as severe as it had been earlier, but the club did not want to take a chance on risking further injury.
Bedard will probably need to make a rehab assignment once the shoulder is ready to pitch.
Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Price, Rays prevail with rally over Red Sox
- Lester: I'd re-sign with Sox even if traded
- Puig, Dodgers go on triple spree, rout Giants
- Davis homers in 10th as Orioles edge Mariners
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- '47 Brand Men's Seattle Mariners Cuddyhook Mesh Flex Hat