Bay re-injures right hamstring
ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. -- Red Sox left fielder Jason Bay re-injured his right hamstring Wednesday night and expects to miss at least the first two games of Boston's upcoming series against the New York Yankees.
"It doesn't feel real bad," Bay said after the Red Sox lost 6-4 to the Tampa Bay Rays. "Anytime you can't play, you feel like you let your teammates down."
Bay returned to the lineup after missing two games with a mildly strained hamstring. But he left the game after aggravating the injury running out a grounder in the eighth inning.
The Red Sox begin a four-game series at Yankee Stadium on Thursday night. He will be reevaluated earlier in the day and doesn't think the injury is a long-term situation.
Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- MLB marks 67th anniversary of Robinson debut
- Trout ties it in 9th, but A's trump Angels in 11
- Napoli exits with hurt finger after headfirst slide
- Rays P Moore needs season-ending surgery
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- '47 Brand Men's Boston Red Sox Red Bergen Adjustable Hat