Phillies release Ozuna
The 34-year-old former big leaguer batted .294 with 15 RBIs in 51 games for Lehigh Valley this season.
Major League Baseball said Ozuna had an elevated ratio of testosterone to epitestosterone, a violation of its drug rules.
Ozuna played in the majors from 2000-08 with Florida, Colorado, the Chicago White Sox and Los Angeles Dodgers, batting .282 with three home runs and 45 RBIs. He played for the Dodgers in the NL Championship Series last year.
Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Dice-K defends Mets' Warthen after his slur
- Sandberg: Rollins not benched over remark
- Rays tab ace Price to start opener vs. Jays
- Red Sox's Peavy debuts after fishing injury
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Little Earth Philadelphia Phillies Cross-Body Red Sheen Purse