Bedard waiting to determine status
Manager Don Wakamatsu says Saturday that Bedard will travel to Los Angeles on Wednesday to meet with Dr. Lewis Yocum, the doctor who performed surgery on Bedard's shoulder last year.
The newly discovered fraying in his shoulder is putting Bedard's season and his future in Seattle in limbo. He will be a free agent after the season.
Bedard has been experiencing pain in his shoulder and was placed on the disabled list July 26.
Yocum will review and compare MRI results to try and determine the specific injury in Bedard's shoulder. Wakamatsu said surgery could be an option.
Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Source: Balfour's deal with O's in jeopardy
- Source: Ibanez, Angels nearing 1-year deal
- Axford, Indians finalize 1-year, $4.5M deal
- Braves get catcher Doumit in Twins trade
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- '47 Brand Women's Seattle Mariners Showtime Navy V-Neck T-Shirt