Boone to rejoin Astros on Friday
Boone has been playing in the minor leagues since Aug. 10, going 3 for 15 with one RBI for Double-A Corpus Christi before moving to Triple-A Round Rock where he was 0 for 4 in two games.
Astros manager Cecil Cooper said Boone is healthy, but his timing is off.
Cooper said he hadn't thought about how Boone would be used the final month.
The 36-year-old Boone had an operation in late March because of a congenital defect in his aortic valve. He signed with the Astros in the offseason.
Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Japan's Tanaka wants to move to MLB in 2014
- Roberts joining Yankees for post-Cano era
- Source: O's, closer Balfour agree to deal
- 2B Infante to help Royals take 'next step'
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Majestic Men's Houston Astros Nolan Ryan #34 White Cooperstown Jersey