Leyland: 'No chance' Bonderman starts
Bonderman missed half of last season after undergoing surgery to correct a blood clot in his right shoulder and lasted just four innings of his only start this summer, a June loss at the Chicago White Sox. He was 0-3 with a 5.79 ERA in 13 relief appearances in Toledo.
Manager Jim Leyland said Monday the right-hander will pitch for the Tigers, but added there's "no chance" he will start.
Detroit also will recall right-handers Eddie Bonine and Casey Fein, as well as catcher Dusty Ryan and outfielder Wilkin Ramirez from Toledo on Tuesday. The club also will purchase the contract of shortstop Brent Dlugach from its Triple-A affiliate and place infielder Michael Hollimon (shoulder) on the 60-day disabled list.
Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Rangers trade Soria to Tigers for prospects
- Cespedes has 2 HRs, 5 RBIs but hurts thumb
- Colon perfect into 7th; Mets hold on vs. M's
- Pence's 3-RBI double sends Giants past Phils
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Youth Detroit Tigers Batter climalite Orange T-Shirt