Santana, Perez to return in spring
Santana had bone chips removed from his left elbow Tuesday. Perez had scar tissue cleaned up in his right knee. Mets medical director Dr. David Altchek did both procedures in New York.
The left-handed Santana was 13-9 with a 3.13 ERA. The two-time Cy Young winner made 25 starts.
Perez was 3-4 with a 6.82 ERA in 14 starts.
Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Tigers' Iglesias says he has stress fractures
- Braves' Medlen, Beachy see Dr. Andrews
- Verlander tabbed to start 7th opener in row
- Lefty Lee to start Phillies' opener at Texas
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's New York Mets Practice Orange T-Shirt