Brewers' Hart closer to return
ST. LOUIS -- Milwaukee Brewers outfielder Corey Hart, sidelined most of August after undergoing an appendectomy, could return to the lineup if a four-game stint with Triple-A Nashville starting Friday goes well.
Hart underwent an appendectomy Aug. 2 in San Diego. He's batting .264 in 98 games with 11 homers and 40 RBIs, after setting a career best with 91 RBIs in 2008.
Manager Ken Macha said Hart was cleared to play after passing several tests on the field.
"He's been given the green light," Macha said. "He's going to play. That's what we're trying to do, get him going."
Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- MRI shows damage to Corbin's UCL in elbow
- HOF Schmidt recovering from skin cancer
- Orioles' Machado: Don't know about opener
- Mets' Niese leaves start with elbow discomfort
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- '47 Brand Men's Milwaukee Brewers Clean Up Royal Adjustable Hat