Hill takes leave as wife goes in labor
TORONTO -- Blue Jays second baseman Aaron Hill left Monday's game against Minnesota after three innings upon learning that his wife, Elizabeth, had gone into labor with the couple's first child.
An All-Star for the first time this season, Hill came in batting .284 with a team-leading 31 homers and 94 RBIs. He walked and singled before leaving the game and heading home to Palm Harbor, Fla.
Bautista homered to left in his first at-bat after replacing Hill, but the Jays lost 6-3.
Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Braves suspend struggling Uggla for 1 game
- Wright to get shot to aid shoulder at break
- Reds' Simon among 4 pitchers added to ASG
- Grand record: batterymates slam for S.F.
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Majestic Men's Personalized Replica Toronto Blue Jays Alternate Royal Jersey