More surgery for Sizemore next week
The surgery was performed Wednesday morning by team physician Dr. Mark Schickendantz. Sizemore played in pain all season before the Indians finally shut him down on Friday.
The three-time All-Star was on the disabled list from May 31 to June 23. After setting career-highs in home runs (33), RBIs (90) and stolen bases (38) a year ago, he hit .248 with 18 homers, 64 RBIs and 13 steals in 106 games this season.
Sizemore is scheduled to undergo lower abdominal surgery next Wednesday in Philadelphia. He hurt his groin early in spring training during an outfield drill.
The Indians expect Sizemore to be fully recovered by spring training in February.
Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Cards deal for Masterson to bolster pitching
- Scratched Lester at Fenway amid rumors
- Presidential farewell: Jeter honored by Bush
- Chavez, 6-time Gold Glover, retires at 36
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Majestic Men's Replica Cleveland Indians Carlos Carrasco #59 Alternate Ivory Jersey