Arizonan arrested with fake Calero ID
An Arizona Department of Public Safety spokesman says 41-year-old Oscar Corral showed an officer a fake Puerto Rican driver's license with the name of Enrique Calero Carrion. DPS said that's the full name of the Marlins relief pitcher.
Corral also showed the officer a Social Security card with Calero's number during Thursday's traffic stop. Corral was then arrested for possession of forged documents.
DPS spokesman Bart Graves says Corral is a Mexican citizen living in Chandler. He remained in the Maricopa County jail on Friday and hasn't yet been assigned a lawyer.
Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Halladay retires after 1-day Blue Jays deal
- It's unanimous: Torre, La Russa, Cox to Hall
- M's GM in defense: 'We've never deviated'
- Maddon: Rays must be ready for Price trade
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Little Earth Miami Marlins Cross-Body Black Sheen Purse