O's Reimold to return next spring
Reimold hit .279 with 15 homers and 45 RBIs in 104 games. The rookie had been battling the injury for much of the season and was placed on the disabled list Sept. 18 when the pain worsened.
Orioles manager Dave Trembley said the 25-year-old will head home to rest, then return to Baltimore in about two weeks for an appointment with Baltimore's team doctor. Reimold should be able to resume running in about eight to 10 weeks.
When he was placed on the DL, Reimold led AL rookies in homers, on-base percentage (.365), slugging percentage (.466), walks (47) and total bases (167).
Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Tanaka apologizes to Yanks, fans for injury
- King Felix, Mariners thwart Samardzija, A's
- CarGo collects hit in return to Rockies lineup
- Nats' Zimmermann (biceps) likely out of ASG
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Majestic Men's Replica Baltimore Orioles Manny Machado #13 Alternate Orange Jersey