Reyes has new tear in right hamstring
Reyes has been on the disabled list since May with a hamstring tendon problem.
Mets manager Jerry Manuel said before New York's 7-4 loss at Washington on Wednesday that doctors were trying to make a determination as to whether Reyes needs surgery.
The Mets say Reyes felt discomfort in the hamstring while running during his rehabilitation work Tuesday at a training facility on Long Island.
An MRI showed the new tear.
Reyes batted .279 with two homers, 15 RBIs and 11 steals in 36 games this season.
Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Braves add Ervin Santana to bolster rotation
- Mets pitching coach apologizes for Asian slur
- Brewers' Garza confident despite 19.06 ERA
- Tulowitzki hit by pitch on leg, is day to day
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's New York Mets Practice Orange T-Shirt