Steinbrenner spends time with Yanks
ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. -- The Boss was back at the ballpark.
The 79-year old Steinbrenner said he is "excited" about the playoffs, which will start later this week for the AL East champions.
Steinbrenner made the trip from home in Tampa to see the Yankees play in person for the second time this season at Tropicana Field. He also attended the Yankees' 6-2 win on July 29.
Steinbrenner, who attended the opener at the new Yankee Stadium on April 16, is not expected to travel to New York for the divisional series, but will likely be in attendance for some games if the Yankees reach the AL Championship Series.
Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Source: Tigers' Iglesias to sit out until break
- D-backs' Corbin exits start with tight forearm
- Orioles 3B Machado (knee) suffers setback
- Dodgers OF Crawford to skip Australia series
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Antigua Men's New York Yankees Navy Traverse Fleece Jacket