Nats' Strasburg has twisted left knee
Strasburg was hurt during a workout Thursday, and an MRI exam showed inflammation. He is scheduled to travel to Washington on Friday to be examined by the Nationals' team doctor.
The Nationals issued a news release saying Strasburg's injury "is not considered serious."
The title game is Saturday.
Strasburg also was held out of a scheduled start in the Arizona Fall League Rising Stars game Nov. 7 because of a strained neck muscle.
The San Diego State right-hander signed a record $15.1 million contract after being the top pick in June's amateur draft.
Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Pineda ejected for foreign substance on neck
- Red Sox shut down Yankees behind Lackey
- D-backs spoil Wrigley's 100th with rally in 9th
- Tanaka says going 24-0 again not impossible
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- GameWear Washington Nationals Stephen Strasburg Classic Jersey Bracelet