Veteran catcher Zaun to join Brewers
Zaun gets a $500,000 signing bonus and a $1.4 million salary next season. His deal includes a $2.25 million club option for 2011 with a $250,000 buyout.
The 38-year-old split last season with Baltimore and Tampa Bay, hitting a combined .260 with eight home runs and 27 RBIs in 90 games. He made a total of 74 starts behind the plate, including 49 games with the Orioles and 25 games with the Rays.
Zaun has a career batting average of .251 with 86 homers and 432 RBIs during 15 seasons with Baltimore, Florida, Texas, Kansas City, Houston, Colorado, Toronto and Tampa Bay.
Milwaukee agreed to a minor league contract with outfielder Trent Oeltjen, who was invited to major league camp.
Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Mag: Puig subjected to threats, civil lawsuit
- Tanaka leads Yanks; 28 K's in 1st 3 games
- Bradley, Boston win Sox battle in 14
- Astros call up prized outfield prospect Springer
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Milwaukee Brewers Neon Practice Black T-Shirt