Halladay thanks Blue Jays fans
Buster Olney: Anatomy of a Megadeal
When he took over as Blue Jays GM, Alex Anthopoulos faced a tough task: Engineer a Roy Halladay trade. Buster Olney looks at how the deal was done. Blog
Halladay was traded to the Philadelphia Phillies on Dec. 16 after 12 seasons with Toronto. The ad in Tuesday's Toronto Sun said that he felt "blessed" to have been part of the organization since being drafted in 1995.
Said the right-hander: "Toronto will forever have a special place in my heart. The memories will last a lifetime and so will my gratitude."
The 2003 Cy Young Award winner was 148-76 with a 3.43 ERA for the Blue Jays. He was traded to the Phillies in a four-team blockbuster deal that included Cliff Lee.
Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- O's not signing Balfour, cite physical results
- Youkilis will play 'one more year' -- in Japan
- O's Patton tests positive, banned 25 games
- Beltran joins Yankees: 'Means a lot to me'
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
2009-10 HOT STOVE
- The Highland Mint Toronto Blue Jays Game-Used-Dirt Coin Photo