Ball from A-Rod's 500th HR tops $100K
LAGUNA NIGEL, Calif. -- The ball Alex Rodriguez hit for his 500th home run has sold at auction for $103,579.
SCP Auctions said Thursday the buyer decided to remain anonymous.
The ball, hit off Kansas City pitcher Kyle Davies, was recovered by a college student at the old Yankee Stadium on Aug. 4, 2007.
SCP also sold the balls Barry Bonds hit for his 755 and 756th home runs.
Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Source: Balfour's deal with O's in jeopardy
- Source: Ibanez, Angels nearing 1-year deal
- Axford, Indians finalize 1-year, $4.5M deal
- Braves get catcher Doumit in Twins trade
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Majestic Men's New York Yankees Mark Teixeira #25 Home White Replica Jersey