Skip Schumaker, Cards agree
Schumaker will earn $2 million this season and $2.7 million in 2011. The deal also contains performance bonuses that could bring the total value to $5 million over two years.
Schumaker, who turned 30 on Wednesday, hit .303 with four homers and 35 RBIs in 153 games last year. He also switched from the outfield to second base.
Schumaker, who was arbitration eligible for the first time, had asked for $2.75 million while the Cardinals offered $1.45 million. He made $430,000 last season.
St. Louis announced the deal on Monday.
Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Halladay retires after 1-day Blue Jays deal
- Trade talks for OF Kemp active, agent says
- It's unanimous: Torre, La Russa, Cox to Hall
- Jeter: Will miss Cano, not surprised he left
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Forever Collectibles St. Louis Cardinals Plush Mascot Tassel Hat