Source: Felipe Lopez fires agent
Free-agent infielder Felipe Lopez has fired his agent, Scott Boras, and signed on with the Beverly Hill Sports Council, a source told ESPN.com Friday.
The 29-year-old Lopez was reportedly disgruntled over still finding himself without a team, just days before the beginning of spring training.
Lopez batted .310, with a .383 on-base percentage, last season for the Diamondbacks and Brewers. The only other free agent on the market this winter who matched or beat him in both of those categories was Matt Holliday.
The Cardinals are the only club known to still have interest in Lopez, who was also on Colorado's shopping list before the Rockies signed Melvin Mora.
Jayson Stark is a senior writer for ESPN.com.
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Yankees' Pineda banned 10 games by MLB
- Yanks batter Red Sox with bounce-back barrage
- Wrigley cake ends up down in the dumps
- Tommy John stunned by surgery 'epidemic'
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
2009-10 HOT STOVE
- Nike Women's Arizona Diamondbacks Fan V-Neck Black Half-Sleeve Shirt