Tracy: News very encouraging
Rockies manager Jim Tracy says Street was checked Monday by noted orthopedic surgeon Dr. James Andrews. Tracy says an MRI exam came back clean.
Tracy doesn't have an exact timetable for Street's return, but calls the latest news very encouraging.
Tracy says Street will begin a strengthening program for the shoulder in the coming weeks and begin throwing in a process that should take him sometime into May.
The Rockies were in Milwaukee on Tuesday night to play the Brewers.
Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Source: Balfour's deal with O's in jeopardy
- Source: Ibanez, Angels nearing 1-year deal
- Axford, Indians finalize 1-year, $4.5M deal
- Braves get catcher Doumit in Twins trade
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- '47 Brand Men's Colorado Rockies Leadoff Ringer Grey T-Shirt