Jones may sit series in San Francisco
ATLANTA -- Braves third baseman Chipper Jones says he may miss a three-game series at San Francisco after straining his right oblique forced him to leave Thursday night's game against the Chicago Cubs.
Jones said he first felt discomfort during batting practice before the Cubs' 2-0 win over the Braves. He said he thought he could play through the pain before feeling more intense discomfort following swings in his third-inning at-bat.
Jones drew a walk from Chicago's Randy Wells and was forced out at third later in the inning.
Omar Infante replaced Jones to start the fourth inning.
Jones hit the go-ahead two-run homer in the Braves' 3-2 win over the Cubs on Wednesday night.
Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Source: Balfour's deal with O's in jeopardy
- Source: Ibanez, Angels nearing 1-year deal
- Axford, Indians finalize 1-year, $4.5M deal
- Braves get catcher Doumit in Twins trade
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Majestic Men's Atlanta Braves Dan Uggla #26 Authentic Cool Base Alternate Ivory On-Field Jersey