LaRue returns from disabled list
The Cardinals also announced Tuesday they had signed infielder Aaron Miles to a minor league contract. Miles was a member of the Cardinals team that won the 2006 World Series.
Rookie catcher Bryan Anderson was optioned to Triple-A Memphis to make room for LaRue, who was injured running the bases. Anderson's pinch-hit double was the tying hit Monday night in a 4-3 victory over the Atlanta Braves.
The 33-year-old Miles was one of the Cincinnati Reds' final cuts this spring. The switch-hitter batted .289 in three seasons for the Cardinals, including a career-best .317 average in 2008.
Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Trumbo heads to D-backs in 3-team trade
- Mulder, out since 2009, attempts comeback
- GM: Cabrera on target for spring training
- Reports: MLB agrees to Japanese bid system
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Majestic Men's St. Louis Cardinals Stan Musial #6 Light Blue Cooperstown Jersey