Cox honored in Congressional Record
WASHINGTON -- Another record for Bobby Cox -- the Congressional Record.
The Atlanta Braves manager spent Tuesday morning on Capitol Hill, where he received framed copies of statements made by a pair of senators honoring his career. Sens. Johnny Isakson of Georgia and Jay Rockefeller of West Virginia submitted the statements into the Congressional Record on April 20.
Cox ranks fourth on the career wins list among managers. He is retiring at the end of the season.
Cox didn't dabble in political talk while at the Capitol. He said: "We were talking all baseball."
Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Japan's Tanaka wants to move to MLB in 2014
- Roberts joining Yankees for post-Cano era
- Source: O's, closer Balfour agree to deal
- 2B Infante to help Royals take 'next step'
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Majestic Youth Atlanta Braves Justin Upton #8 Navy T-Shirt