Heyward day to day with sore groin
Heyward lined out to shortstop Wednesday night for the first out in the second and was replaced in right field in the bottom of the inning by Melky Cabrera. The Braves say Heyward is day to day.
The 20-year-old Heyward is hitting .286 and leads the team with eight home runs and 24 RBIs. He was chosen NL rookie of the month for April after leading all rookies with six homers and 19 RBIs.
Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Kershaw: No problems after simulated game
- Yanks' Nova to DL with elbow ligament tear
- Two ejected from Brewers-Pirates for brawl
- Tigers release Opening Day shortstop Gonzalez
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Majestic Triple Peak Men's Atlanta Braves Jason Heyward Navy T-Shirt