Jurrjens to have new MRI on hamstring
Jurrjens, who is on the 15-day disabled list, says he was trying to sprint before Atlanta's game against the Milwaukee Brewers on Monday night when he heard a pop in the hamstring. He'll stay with the team and get an MRI when the Braves return to Atlanta.
Jurrjens is 0-3 with a 6.38 ERA in five starts. He says he's trying to stay positive, but it's difficult because this injury isn't in the same place as the first one.
The Braves are getting a few of their stars back, however.
Third baseman Chipper Jones (groin) was back in the lineup Monday night and right fielder Jason Heyward (groin) is expected to return Tuesday. Shortstop Yunel Escobar (groin) is still several days from being eligible to come off the disabled list.
Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Ortiz, Red Sox anticipate emotional Monday
- Reyes to be activated by Blue Jays on Saturday
- Reds closer Chapman cleared to throw BP
- Yanks' Teixeira tests leg, 'couldn't be happier'
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Majestic Youth Atlanta Braves Jason Heyward #22 Navy T-Shirt