Elbow bruise sidelines Braun
Braun was hit by a pitch in the fourth inning of Milwaukee's 8-2 loss to the Braves on Monday night. He stayed in the game for two more innings before being replaced.
Braun says he did not undergo any tests on the elbow that was noticeably swollen and that he feels lucky that the 92 mph pitch from Tommy Hanson didn't hit him a little lower and fracture the bone.
Braun is hitting .359 with six homers and 28 RBIs and says he'll begin wearing a protective brace on the area when he returns. He didn't want to speculate if he'd be available Wednesday.
Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Mag: Puig subjected to threats, civil lawsuit
- Tanaka leads Yanks; 28 K's in 1st 3 games
- Bradley, Boston win Sox battle in 14
- Astros call up prized outfield prospect Springer
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Majestic Men's Replica Milwaukee Brewers Ryan Braun #8 Alternate Road Navy Jersey