Indians' Cabrera likely bound for DL
Indians manager Manny Acta said after a 4-3 loss in 11 innings that Cleveland will add a player to take Cabrera's spot on the roster Tuesday.
Cabrera will be re-examined Wednesday and the possibility of surgery will be discussed.
Trainers placed a protective wrap on Cabrera's forearm.
Cabrera was positioned on the first base side of second and Peralta was playing near the normal shortstop spot as part of a defensive shift.
After being examined behind second base, Cabrera was driven toward the dugout in a cart and taken off the field.
Cabrera was hitting .284 with a home run and seven RBIs.
Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Stanton's walk-off GS lifts Marlins over M's
- Pujols belts No. 497 in Angels' rout of Tigers
- Mets trade 1B Davis to Pirates for reliever
- Rays turn back Yanks behind Loney's 4 RBIs
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Majestic Men's Authentic Cleveland Indians Asdrubal Cabrera #13 Cool Base Home White On-Field Jersey