Millar will be analyst for Fox, NESN
NEW YORK -- Kevin Millar is joining Fox as a baseball analyst and NESN as a Red Sox studio analyst for select games.
The 38-year-old Millar failed in his attempt to make the Chicago Cubs before this season, ending a 12-year major league career. Millar will make his Fox debut as a studio analyst during Saturday night's coverage, and will appear on NESN for the first time on Thursday before the Sox take on the Kansas City Royals at Fenway Park. On June 5, he will call the Brewers-Cardinals game with Joe Buck on Fox.
Millar batted .274 with 170 home runs and 699 RBIs in stints with the Marlins, Red Sox, Orioles and Blue Jays. He's best known for being an emotional leader for the Boston team that won its first World Series title in 86 years in 2004.Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Dice-K defends Mets' Warthen after his slur
- Sandberg: Rollins not benched over remark
- Rays tab ace Price to start opener vs. Jays
- Red Sox's Peavy debuts after fishing injury
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- New Era Youth Chicago Cubs 59Fifty Diamond Tech Royal Batting Practice Hat