Jays' McGowan rehabbing shoulder
Blue Jays general manager Alex Anthopoulos says Friday that McGowan is throwing from 60 feet and his right shoulder rehabilitation is going well.
McGowan left a game on July 8, 2008, because of a sore right shoulder that required surgery. Delays in rehabilitation, including right knee surgery, sidelined him for all of 2009.
Right-hander Jesse Litsch (elbow surgery) is eligible to come off the 60-day DL the first week of June. Lefty Brian Tallet will pitch next Tuesday for Triple-A Las Vegas as he attempts to return from a 15-day DL stint because of left forearm stiffness.
Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Mag: Puig subjected to threats, civil lawsuit
- Dodgers' Ramirez hit on hand, to miss game
- Angels put OF Calhoun on DL, call up Boesch
- Teixeira to play in minors, could return Sunday
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- FANMATS Toronto Blue Jays Heavy Duty Vinyl Car Mats 2-Pack