A's Braden honored in Stockton
STOCKTON, Calif. -- It was another perfect day for Dallas Braden.
The Oakland Athletics pitcher returned to Stockton on Saturday night, sharing his slice of baseball history with a hometown proud to call him one of its own.
A sold-out crowd roared as Braden received a key to the city before a Class-A game at Stockton Ballpark, where Braden pitched for the Ports five years ago on his way to major league fame.
The left-hander was honored for throwing the 19th perfect game in big league history, the culmination of two whirlwind weeks for the 26-year-old pitcher after his 4-0 gem against the Tampa Bay Rays on May 9.
Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Source: Balfour's deal with O's in jeopardy
- Source: Ibanez, Angels nearing 1-year deal
- Axford, Indians finalize 1-year, $4.5M deal
- Braves get catcher Doumit in Twins trade
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- 5th & Ocean Women's Oakland Athletics Fleece Green Pullover Hoodie