Miner to have surgery
The Tigers say the 27-year-old consulted with orthopedic surgeon Dr. Lewis Yocum, who'll perform the surgery in Los Angeles. Miner is expected to miss nine to 12 months.
Miner was diagnosed two weeks ago with a partial ligament tear. He'd been having elbow problems since spring training.
Miner was 7-5 last season with a 4.29 ERA.
Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Sources: Rangers to sign Choo for $130M
- O's not signing Balfour, cite physical results
- Alleged kidnapping of Rangers' Martin detailed
- Youkilis will play 'one more year' -- in Japan
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- The Highland Mint Detroit Tigers Game-Used-Dirt Coin Photo