Rays wear Hawks gear to Toronto
Several times each season the Rays hit the road with a different team dress plan, and Maddon decided that wearing hockey sweaters was the perfect idea for the flight to Toronto on Sunday.
When the Stanley Cup finalist Blackhawks heard about Maddon's plan, they offered free red home jerseys for the entire team, which most accepted.
Maddon got a special uniform, a replica of one worn by Chicago forward John Madden. He called the Blackhawks' participation "cool" and that the whole matter is "all in fun."
The Rays posed for several photos, including a group shot and one just of the players wearing the Blackhawks' uniform at Tropicana Field before departing.
Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Braves suspend struggling Uggla for 1 game
- Wright to get shot to aid shoulder at break
- Reds' Simon among 4 pitchers added to ASG
- Grand record: batterymates slam for S.F.
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Sparo Men's Tampa Bay Rays Turbo Watch