Jones leaves game with finger injury
ATLANTA -- Chipper Jones has left Atlanta's game against Philadelphia with an injured finger.
The Braves third baseman was replaced by Omar Infante after striking out in the fourth inning. The team said Jones had inflammation in his right ring finger and was day to day.
Jones, 38, has been plagued by injuries in recent years, though he did play 143 games last season -- his most since 2003. He is off to a sluggish start this season, hitting just .240 with three homers and 21 RBIs.
Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Phils' Rollins: No idea why I'm benched
- Braves add Ervin Santana to bolster rotation
- Mets pitching coach apologizes for Asian slur
- Brewers' Garza confident despite 19.06 ERA
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Majestic Men's Replica Atlanta Braves Alternate Ivory Jersey