Jones leaves game with finger injury
ATLANTA -- Chipper Jones has left Atlanta's game against Philadelphia with an injured finger.
The Braves third baseman was replaced by Omar Infante after striking out in the fourth inning. The team said Jones had inflammation in his right ring finger and was day to day.
Jones, 38, has been plagued by injuries in recent years, though he did play 143 games last season -- his most since 2003. He is off to a sluggish start this season, hitting just .240 with three homers and 21 RBIs.
Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Sources: Rangers to sign Choo for $130M
- O's not signing Balfour, cite physical results
- Alleged kidnapping of Rangers' Martin detailed
- Youkilis will play 'one more year' -- in Japan
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Majestic Men's Atlanta Braves Tim Hudson #15 Authentic Cool Base Alternate Navy On-Field Jersey