Freese appeared to hurt ankle on base
ST. LOUIS -- St. Louis Cardinals third baseman David Freese left Saturday's game against the Milwaukee Brewers because of an apparent ankle injury after he awkwardly touched third base in the bottom of the sixth inning.
Jogging on what was the final out of the inning, Freese was watching a force play at second when his right foot hit the edge of the base and bent his ankle. He was helped off the field and replaced by Aaron Miles, who joined the Cardinals from Double-A Springfield on Tuesday.
There was no official word on Freese's injury.
Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Papi's pitch: Red Sox shouldn't trade Lester
- Lane change: Ex-OF gets 1st start for Padres
- Yankees fan returns lost Red Sox title ring
- Dodgers land 2B Barney in deal with Cubs
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Majestic Men's Replica St. Louis Cardinals Jhonny Peralta #27 Home White Jersey