Freese appeared to hurt ankle on base
ST. LOUIS -- St. Louis Cardinals third baseman David Freese left Saturday's game against the Milwaukee Brewers because of an apparent ankle injury after he awkwardly touched third base in the bottom of the sixth inning.
Jogging on what was the final out of the inning, Freese was watching a force play at second when his right foot hit the edge of the base and bent his ankle. He was helped off the field and replaced by Aaron Miles, who joined the Cardinals from Double-A Springfield on Tuesday.
There was no official word on Freese's injury.
Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Source: Tigers' Iglesias to sit out until break
- D-backs' Corbin exits start with tight forearm
- Orioles 3B Machado (knee) suffers setback
- Rivera honored, but Yanks no-hit in Panama
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Majestic Youth St. Louis Cardinals David Freese #23 Shades of Victory Black T-Shirt