D.C. restaurant debuts 'Strasburger'
The restaurant BGR: The Burger Joint, is creating the "Strasburger" to recount the young pitcher's climb. The burger is topped with a hot dog and smothered in aged Vermont cheddar cheese.
The hot dog symbolizes Strasburg's professional debut with the Phoenix Desert Dogs in 2009. It's topped with "Syracuse Orange" aged Vermont cheddar to represent his promotion to Triple-A Syracuse. All that is on top of a BGR patty to signify his new home with the Nationals.
The burger sells for $10.99 through the end of June. BGR will donate $1 from every sale to Children's National Medical Center.
Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- O's not signing Balfour, cite physical results
- Youkilis will play 'one more year' -- in Japan
- O's Patton tests positive, banned 25 games
- Beltran joins Yankees: 'Means a lot to me'
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
STEPHEN STRASBURG'S MLB DEBUT
- Nike Men's Washington Nationals Authentic Collection Dri-FIT Red Legend Practice T-Shirt